Exam Board – AQA
Qualification – GCSE mathematics 8300
Entry requirements – GCSE grade 3 in maths
The course seeks to lift students from a grade 3 to at least a grade 4 in GCSE in mathematics taking the foundation tier examination.
“GCSE maths resit is set out to gain your grade 4 in maths. You run through all your previous errors or weak areas, which is really useful in achieving a better grade.”
- consolidate previous skills and meet appropriately challenging work
- apply mathematical knowledge to solve problems
- think and communicate mathematically, precisely, logically and creatively
- appreciate the place and use of mathematics in society, and apply mathematical concepts to situations arising in everyday life
- work co-operatively, independently, proactively and investigatively
Assessment is by three exams of 1 hour 30 mins each. One paper is non-calculator. The other two papers allow the use of calculators.
Students receive 3 x 50 minute lessons per week.
What doors will this open up for me?
Many universities specify a minimum grade 4 or equivalent in mathematics. The following professions usually require a grade 4 or equivalent in mathematics; accountancy, banking, law, teaching, nursing and many others. Colleges give enhanced entry to courses where a grade 4 or equivalent has been obtained.