Please see below for the individual clubs on offer for each year group.
Education at Tuxford is not focused on what just happens in the academic classroom. We believe that it is also crucial to develop the whole child and this is helped and facilitated through a wide range of extracurricular clubs and enrichment experiences. Extracurricular activities promote a wide set of skills and positive attributes such as: a determination to succeed, teamwork, winning and losing with grace, respect for others, tolerance and inclusivity, confidence, a sense of fun and enjoyment, creativity, physical and wellbeing benefits. This helps all students to grow socially, emotionally and physically into well rounded young adults. The extensive clubs and enrichment opportunities that we provide for students are a real source of pride for us.
See the above links for the individual clubs on offer for each year group.
Other recent enrichment opportunities have included:
- Year 7 and year 8 bowling trips
- Geography fieldtrips
- Poetry Live Nottingham trip
- Year 12 university campus visits
- Year 10 Alton Towers visit
- Oxbridge admissions evening
- Year 12 road traffic safety day
- Year 9 passenger safety YOLO experience
- Year 12 and Y13 guest speakers
- Year 9 Holocaust Memorial Centre
- Year 7 Peak District camp
- Year 8 Paris trip
- Year 10 WW1 Battlefields trip
- Year 9 London residential trip
- Year 7 Pantomime trip (oh yes we do!)
- Year 7 Sherwood Pines trip
- Year 8 Clumber Park trip
- Year 11 Bassetlaw Careers Fair
- Years 9-13 Discover Your Future Careers Fair
Students also have the opportunity to act as leaders of activities, meetings and teams as well as the chance to take on roles such as college presidents, prefects, form reps, subject ambassadors, sport leaders and represent the student voice on a number of committees As an academy, we are also passionate about the arts, with state of the art facilities in drama, music, art and design and technology. Every two years, we stage full scale academy performances, which are widely renowned for being of a professional quality, and welcome an audience of over 1,000 people throughout the course of the week. These performances offer students the chance to showcase their talents in acting, lighting, make up, set-design, sound engineering and much more. The 2022 performance was ‘Adrian Mole – The Musical’.