- Visit our course pages and read about the different subjects on offer and what topics you could be studying
- Sit down with your parents or carers, or a member of staff, to talk through your options
- Choose subjects you enjoy and think about the subjects you are good at
- If you have a particular job or career path in mind, find out what subjects might support you with that career choice
- Don’t choose subjects just because your friends are doing them or you like the teacher – you may end up stuck studying a subject that you don’t enjoy
What are Level 2 qualifications?
Level 2 qualifications offer an educational experience that focuses learning through an applied approach – acquiring or applying knowledge, skills and understanding through purposeful tasks set in sector or subject contexts, which have many of the characteristics of real work.
Thinking about the future?
The three main routes available to you, after GCSEs, are further education (sixth form or college), apprenticeships or employment with training.
While some students have a clear idea of the path that they would like to follow, others do not. The following websites include information about different careers and some include quizzes to help you identify areas of work you may not have previously thought about. They may prove useful when choosing options or to support discussions about options at home.
What is CEIAG?
CEIAG stands for careers education, information, advice and guidance. Tuxford Academy has a planned programme of CEIAG, which ensures that all students have the opportunity to recognise their own strengths and values and take responsibility for developing employability skills.
Careers information provides access to up to date, impartial information relating to educational and training opportunities, to inform career planning and future employment.
Careers advice and guidance is the provision of unbiased, student-centered counsel to assist students in making appropriate career, training and education decisions and choices, which are informed and well thought through.