All students must study English literature and language, maths, science, philosophy & ethics (year 10) and non-assessed PE. You will also study either history or geography. As well as these mandatory subjects, you have the opportunity to study three subjects of your choice.
It is important to think carefully about your choices, as you will be studying them for the next two years and they could affect your options for A levels or further education choices.
On this page, you will find our full options course brochure, which gives you all of the information you need about each of our GCSE courses. Please take some time to read through the guidance and ask tutors and teachers any questions you have before you make your final choice.
Top tips for choosing your options
- Read about the different subjects on offer and what topics you could be studying
- Sit down with your parents or carers to talk through your options
- Choose subjects you enjoy and think about the subjects you are good at
- If you have a particular job or career path in mind, find out what subjects might support you with that career choice
- Don’t choose subjects just because your friends are doing them or you like the teacher – you may end up stuck studying a subject that you don’t enjoy
- Speak to your tutor or subject teachers if you have any queries about your option choices
Please complete the options form and return by 8 February 2023.