Our SEND aims:
- to ensure that all students have access to a broad and balanced curriculum
- to provide a differentiated curriculum appropriate to the individual’s needs and ability
- to ensure the identification of all students requiring SEND provision as early as possible in their academy career
- to ensure that SEND students take as full a part as possible in all academy activities
- to ensure that parents of SEND students are kept fully informed of their child’s progress and attainment
- to ensure that SEND students are involved, where practicable, in decisions affecting their future
We recognise that many students will have special needs at some time during their academy life. In implementing this policy, we believe students will be helped to overcome their difficulties.
Whilst many factors contribute to the range of difficulties experienced by some children, we believe that much can be done to overcome them by parents, teachers and students working together.